The morning of November 3rd, Jim and I headed (calmly) to the hospital to be induced. This was our first time doing this and it felt so weird to not be running out the door in the middle of the night as I'm screaming and in total labor... We said goodbye to the kids and Grama Laura and checked into Mercy Folsom about 9:30 am. By about 2pm, my contractions were hard enough to get an epidural. I was still just dilated to a 2 at 5:30pm. Nothing was happening! Jim loved it - it was like a vacation, just sitting calmly in the hospital room, playing cards, watching election coverage on TV, not worrying about the kids... I was frustrated because my labors with Lexi and Sarah were 4 hours total. At 6pm, Dr. Phelan decided to break my water and by 7:30, I was all the way dilated and ready to push. We had to wait for the dr. to be paged and get to the hospital. At 8:00pm, I started pushing and at 8:35, baby Annie was born!!! When she came out, all of the nurses and the dr. were amazed at her size! She weighed 9lbs. 4oz. No wonder she didn't want to be born! I think it was all of that Halloween candy... She was gorgeous and healthy - with tons of soft black hair, a chin dimple, long feet (they wouldn't fit on the footprint card), chubby round cheeks and big full lips. We've already heard that she looks like everybody in our family - at first we thought Gracie, now we think Lexi, the hair is Sarah's, she resembles Jim, my parents are convinced she's my twin, and some even say she looks like Grampa Bradshaw. We shall see! We love this tiny little baby!!! And we're so happy she's here safe and sound!!!
November 9, 2008
Introducing Baby Annie Galovan!!!
The morning of November 3rd, Jim and I headed (calmly) to the hospital to be induced. This was our first time doing this and it felt so weird to not be running out the door in the middle of the night as I'm screaming and in total labor... We said goodbye to the kids and Grama Laura and checked into Mercy Folsom about 9:30 am. By about 2pm, my contractions were hard enough to get an epidural. I was still just dilated to a 2 at 5:30pm. Nothing was happening! Jim loved it - it was like a vacation, just sitting calmly in the hospital room, playing cards, watching election coverage on TV, not worrying about the kids... I was frustrated because my labors with Lexi and Sarah were 4 hours total. At 6pm, Dr. Phelan decided to break my water and by 7:30, I was all the way dilated and ready to push. We had to wait for the dr. to be paged and get to the hospital. At 8:00pm, I started pushing and at 8:35, baby Annie was born!!! When she came out, all of the nurses and the dr. were amazed at her size! She weighed 9lbs. 4oz. No wonder she didn't want to be born! I think it was all of that Halloween candy... She was gorgeous and healthy - with tons of soft black hair, a chin dimple, long feet (they wouldn't fit on the footprint card), chubby round cheeks and big full lips. We've already heard that she looks like everybody in our family - at first we thought Gracie, now we think Lexi, the hair is Sarah's, she resembles Jim, my parents are convinced she's my twin, and some even say she looks like Grampa Bradshaw. We shall see! We love this tiny little baby!!! And we're so happy she's here safe and sound!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats girl! You are such an amazing mom! We love you.
Post a Comment