As most of you know, I'm addicted to home decor blogs right now. My best finds lately have been old frames at garage sales and home decor at Goodwill. Every person in the blogosphere (yes, that's a word) has been making wreaths out of old book pages. I got a cheap old book at goodwill, cut out circles, painted the edges brown, and poked them into an old styrofoam wreath that I had. Now this beauty hangs by the front door.

This old frame was so ugly and worn... I spray painted it oil rubbed bronze, distressed it, and wanted to put a picture in it to hang above our bed. This wall in our bedroom has been naked ever since we moved in and we desperately needed something there. So, I drew a cherry blossom branch onto freezer paper, cut the "stencil" out with an exacto knife and then spray painted the branch onto canvas fabric. It didn't look as good as I'd hoped, so I flipped the canvas over and it had a cool dark/light look - as if you were looking at the tree through fog. I hot glue gunned silk and paper flowers onto the branch and there you have it - new wall art!


I am also addicted to spray paint. This little Ikea table used to reside behind our couch. It was brown and boring, but with a can of white spray paint and a few cheap and repurposed decor items, it's given new life to our living room!

I bought this G from Joanns forever ago. I sprayed it black, hung it by a green/white polka dotted ribbon inside an old frame. LOVE it! The frame was 5$ and falling apart - I painted it white and distressed it.

This next frame was at a garage sale yesterday for $3. I painted it the same pink that everything in Gracie/Lexi's room is, added a chandelier picture printed off the internet, glammed it up with some glitter and can't wait to hang it in their room!

I so wish I would've done a BEFORE on this old tray. When I bought it yesterday at a Garage Sale, they had me pay $1 but I know they were secretly laughing that anyone would buy something that UGLY! Picture pure gold veneer - ala 1974... So I spraypainted it black, modpodged some cute scrapbook paper on it and can't wait to use it for backyard cookouts this summer!!!

There you go - my newfound hobby. Don't look too close - I'm not a pro, but I'm having lots of fun!!!
8 comments:
What darling ideas! You are a pro! You are welcome to come do my house next!
Oops that was Courtney, I forgot to log out of Tyson's account!
cute cute cute! I can tell we read the same blogs bc I have some of the same projects in mind! I already have the book and everything ready to make the wreath I just need to do it! I saw a different version using a book but cutting out a scalloped edge circle... so cute! But the punch is $25 so unless I can borrow one for someone Ill do the same thing as you and we'll have mathing wreaths!
Your house looks great by the way! ANd I LOVE how the branches thing above your bed came out!! So artistic!
You are so cute! All of those things are very cute and fun. My fav is the chandelier picture and the tray. Very nice! Looking forward to the softball cook-out :) (I haven't heard anything about it yet, though!!! weird! :)
Hi Jennica,
One night I was looking at Brittany's pictures on FB and then I thought--I wonder what happened to Jennica. So, being a blog stalker, I found your blog. I am so DIY obsessed too. I love your projects! We have been looking at a lot of the same sites. I really want to redo my daughter's lamp. It's only 4 months old, but it looks boring. Your lamps turned out really well. Anyways, it was fun seeing your adorable family! And I having been spending my time looking for junk to redo too. Some days, my projects just don't turn out so great and I say I'll never make anything again and then the next project will turn out great. It's fun though!
Jennica - I just found your blog. You are my new inspiration! I love all your projects! Can you help me figure out what to do with an old (fake wood) dresser thing? Help!
Jennica, you are amazing! It seems you have a gift of seeing beyond the old/ugly and creating beautiful things. Love it!
Post a Comment