December 12, 2008

Christmas Tree!!!



I finally talked Jim into going to a Christmas tree lot this year!  In the past, we've driven 45 minutes to Apple Hill to go on a quest to find the PERFECT TREE.  After walking miles and miles in mud and rain, through forests full of Christmas trees, carrying screaming children, we'd finally find one that fit our standards... 9-11 feet tall, full, not dead.  The best thing about this experience was that the kids would get to yell "CUTTER" as loud as they could and after a few minutes, a college kid would come and help Jim cut down our tree.  Then Jim would tie the tree to the top of the car (very precariously) and we'd drive slowly home, hoping that our tree wouldn't land in the middle of the highway.  So... since I just had a baby, it seems like I have more "pull" in our family decisions than usual.  We went to a tree lot and found a way better tree for a way better price and were there and home again in about 30 minutes!  We still let the kids yell for the Cutter.  And they even tied it to the car for us!!!   It's beautiful (although I didn't get a shot of the finished product yet).  When, oh, when can I get a fake tree???  Maybe if I keep giving birth around Christmas time...  

No comments: