December 1, 2009

December 1st Already???




With a Fall as crazy as ours has been, I shouldn't be surprised that it's already December! Yes it snuck up on me. Yes I'm excited!!! The food, the festivities, the decorations, the traditions! Christmas is more and more wonderful the older my kids get. I know that we only have a couple of years left of the magic and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it! One of our traditions is opening a present from the advent box every morning (sometimes it's an experience for later that day, a little treat or a cute Christmas book.) The girls were up at the crack of dawn this morning running full speed down the stairs to open up grama Laura's gift. It was better than a birthday. Or Christmas. It was a new music book full of Christmas songs - thanks grama! Can't wait for 24 more little surprises and seeing those faces light up every time!

2 comments:

Aubree said...

Cute advent idea! I think I may do something like that next year. You will have to fill me in on some of the things you guys do. This year I am doing the 12 Days of Christmas with new Christmas books.

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

ok I think Annie has already beaten Lydia in the hair thing! Her ponies are sticking out nice and far, Lydia still has tiny little stubby ponies! Jeff told me you agreed to watching Lydia! Were SO excited and know Lydia will be in good hands! I'll be calling you to do some planning! And we were thinking if you guys wanted to go out for your anniversary when were there we could return the favor!