OK, so here's the deal. Ever since camping in the middle of nowhere thousands of times during my childhood, my nightmares have been plagued with memories of digging latrines, lots of dirt, spiders and bugs, and being really really stinky. Not that I hated it, but thinking about dragging my entire family full of girls camping was not really my cup of tea. Especially since we've had a baby or toddler in our family for the last 8 years. So, when Gracie's girl scout troop decided to go camping, families and all, I thought maybe I'd just go up for the day with Gracie. I never thought I'd stay for the whole 3 days and two nights, pitch the tent myself and bring our three oldest (all by myself!) But her heart was set on it. A few days before the big trip, we practiced putting up the tent and even had a campfire in the backyard to make s'mores. As I was sitting there watching the girls get marshmallows in their hair and practically flinging flaming marshmallows at each other, I thought, "What have I done???" I almost let Jim just take them. We didn't bring everyone because camping with Annie, girl of constant motion, AKA AlQueda would be torture. So Jim stayed home with her and had some nice daddy-daughter bonding time. And off we went.
June 13, 2010
I actually LIKE camping???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Now you're all ready for Birch Creek. Can't wait to see you and your family!
Post a Comment