May 2, 2009

SPIDER

Okay.  First, you should know that when you've been married for as long as we have :) you hardly ever look at each other anymore.  I mean, when the kids are around, there's much more pressing needs to fill.  And when they're not, usually Jim and I are too busy getting things done to really look at each other.  Also, I know what he looks like - that's why I married him.  Etc.  The second thing you should know is that I am deathly and horribly terrified of spiders.  I'm like, quaking in your boots, going to vomit at any second, curl up and die scared of spiders.  Lately, I've killed a few tiny ones and been very proud of myself.  But I will say that one of my favorite men on the planet (besides, like, Jim, my dad, his dad, my brothers and President Monson) is my pest control guy.  I look forward to that guy coming every other month like it's Christmas.  The other night, the kids were in bed and Jim and I were cleaning the kitchen, taking out the garbage, etc.  All the really cool things we usually do when we have a night alone together.  All of a sudden, I looked at him (which as you know never really happens that often.)  Now if you know me well, you know I tend to exaggerate every so often.  But no lie, I looked up at him and sitting/crawling half-way on his shirt and half on his neck was a 2 inch wide huge brown spider.  I got the most scared-to-death, stricken look on my face and yelled, "you have something on your neck!"  His face then mirrored mine with the most freaked-out look of panic, and he grabbed it and brushed it to the kitchen counter.  That was enough to kill the huge beast.  He then picked it up (with kleenex) and I made him put it in the toilet and flush.  Even as I write this, I'm shaking and sick to death.  I'll never get that mental picture out of my head.  And all I can think about how he was rolling on the floor with the kids for awhile that night.  Yuck!!!  Spiders are gross!  And I love Jim now more than ever (for killing the spider!) 

2 comments:

Jeff and Michelle Galovan said...

haha thats suck a great story! Hope you guys dont find many more spiders crawling around your house!

US said...

Jen, I am dying right now! You are so funny! I can totally see your face and then Jim's as the spider moment took place. So funny! And I beg to differ.... you two do your fair share of lookin at each other! Hello! You are poppin out babies left and right! Jk!